What Would People Most Like To Change About Their Smiles?
To have whiter teeth!
Teeth whitening is the fastest and easiest way to restore your natural smile and make you feel more confident as you go about your daily life. It is a safe and effective way to get your teeth looking brighter and healthier. Having your teeth whitened with the care and guidance of professionals is the surest way to see the results you’re looking for and will achieve a noticeably brighter smile in as little as one visit.
Why Choose Professional Teeth Whitening?
We’re all different—our age, lifestyle, diet, medications and more all affect our teeth and gums. A whitening product that works for one person may not work for you. Worse yet, some store-bought products can damage your gums.
Our professional teeth whitening gives you these distinct advantages over off-the-shelf products:
- Individualized Care: We find out what troubles you about the appearance of your teeth, what you hope to achieve from the procedure and your expectations. Then, after thoroughly examining your teeth and gums, we recommend the best whitening procedure for you based on the results you’d like and your oral health.
- Performed by Experts: Our dentists are specifically trained in teeth whitening products and techniques. They know exactly how to perform the procedure and follow all safety protocols during it for your protection.
- Dramatic Improvement: We use a prescription-strength bleaching solution to whiten your teeth. This solution contains the most powerful whitening agents on the market.
- Immediate Results: Only professional teeth whitening yields exceptional results in as little as one hour.
- Even Whitening: Over-the-counter whitening products are notorious for uneven whitening. This is especially true of whitening strips which fail to cover the entire tooth. Rest assured our dentists know exactly how to perform the procedure for whitening all contours and angles of your teeth.
- Increased Comfort: Our whitening process includes the use of a laser to minimize any chance of sensitivity and gum irritation.
Only a qualified dentist can evaluate the safest, most effective whitening procedure for you. Give us a call!
Take Home Whitening Kits
For patients who prefer to whiten their teeth on their own schedule and in the comfort of their own homes, we offer customized take-home whitening kits.
Unlike store-bought kits, our at-home whitening kits gradually lighten enamel over the course of three to four weeks and include:
- Medical-strength whitening gel: The whitening power of our at-home kits is far greater than any store-bought product.
- Customized dental trays for best results: instead of the one-size-fits-all dental trays found in store-bought kits, our application trays are custom-made based on models of your actual teeth. They’re designed to hug the natural contours and grooves of your teeth, providing consistent and complete whitening of the enamel.
- Expert dental guidance: Our dentist will advise you on how to use the at-home kit safely and effectively to get the results you want.
Try our at-home whitening kits for near-professional results.
Why do teeth become stained or discoloured?
Surface Stains: Our teeth are protected by a layer of enamel composed primarily of minerals. Tooth enamel is so strong that it’s the hardest substance in your body.
But tooth enamel is also porous meaning it contains tiny holes which absorb substances that stain your teeth, including:
- dark-coloured beverages, such as tea, coffee, wine, colas and fruit juices.
- dark-coloured sauces such as tomato and soy sauce.
- sugary beverages and foods.
- brightly coloured fruit such as berries, cherries and pomegranates.
- tobacco products
Deep Stains: Tooth discoloration also occurs in the inner portion of a tooth, the layer just below the enamel. This tooth layer is naturally yellow or gray in colour. As a person ages, the enamel wears away and the underlying colour shows through, making teeth appear dull. Medications, illness, injury, poor nutrition, and improper oral hygiene can also discolour your teeth.
Top Teeth Whitening Options
Teeth whitening is an effective way of lightening the natural colour of your teeth without relying on more invasive procedures like veneers. Having your teeth whitening at our office or carefully following the instructions in your take-home kit will show results without any lasting sensitivity.
Cost Of Professional Teeth Whitening In Oakville
Teeth whitening treatments performed by our dental professionals in the office can cost $600 to $1200. A take-home kit provides you with more affordability while still receiving guidance from dental professionals and costs $300 to $600.
Why is there such a difference in cost? Consider the pros and cons between in-office whitening, take-home kits and over-the-counter whitening:
- Performed by experienced dental professionals.
- Super accurate, greatly reducing irritation to your gums or lasting sensitivity.
- In the office, we are able to use stronger, more effective whitening agents.
- The fastest and safest whitening option.
- Professional and effective whitening agents.
- Noticeably whiter teeth in weeks.
- Custom-made trays – easy to apply, reduce the risk of gum irritation, and result in an even application of the whitening agent.
If you have further questions or concerns or if you’re looking for a more accurate quote give us a call or request an appointment today.
Plaque forms when bacteria from food and drink particles aren’t cleaned properly from your teeth. Over time, plaque hardens to form tartar, which can only be removed by a dentist or hygienist. This yellow coating can form on or around your teeth if you don’t brush often enough or thoroughly enough.
While teeth whitening is considered safe, you may experience some teeth sensitivity. You may experience this on your first or second treatment, and it may diminish with time. It is important to always carefully follow the instructions that come with your take-home kit or with over-the-counter products.
If you have any crowns, veneers or fillings on the front teeth, they will not change colour with whitening. Whitening the surrounding teeth may make the crowns and fillings stand out.
Teeth whitening is not often covered by insurance. Call your insurance provider to find out if they cover it. We can provide an estimate for you to submit to your provider.
After a teeth whitening treatment try to avoid any foods or drinks that would leave a stain on a white shirt. Any dark staining drinks like Tea, Coffee, Red Wine, pop, alcoholic beverages, or fruit juice. Any foods like tomato sauce, curry, soy sauce, red meat, chocolate, and all fruit except bananas.
Depending on the type of teeth whitening and how well you maintain your teeth care, whitening can last for anywhere from six months to three years.